Remove your Nest Account
How to delete your Nest Account
You can delete your Nest Account with the Nest app, on the Web or by contacting Nest support. Here’s how.
If you want to delete your Nest Account, simply log in with your phone, tablet or computer and follow the steps below.
When you request that we delete your Nest Account and your MyEnergy account, if you have one, we will delete your personal information in your Nest Account as well. However, deleting your Nest Account will affect the way your Nest products work in several ways. For instance, you won’t be able to control them or view their status in the Nest app. To review all the ways your Nest products will be affected, please see the following article.
What happens when I delete my Nest Account? >
1. On the Nest app home screen, select the Menu icon in the top left corner.
2. Tap the Account icon.
3. Select Manage account…
4. …then Delete account.
5. You’ll need to confirm that you want to continue. You can also choose to keep your Nest Account if you’ve changed your mind.
6. After you’re done in the Nest app, you’ll receive an email from us sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Read the entire email and click on the provided link to finish the account deletion process.
If you ever change your mind, you can create a new Nest Account and add your Nest products to it.
Note: If you don’t receive an email from us, search your junk mail folder for an email from email@example.com. If your email client is set to mark all email coming from unknown email addresses as junk, you may need to add our address to your contacts or address book. Refer to your email client’s documentation for specific information on how it handles junk mail and how to add a new contact.
How do I remove Nest Protect from my Nest Account?
You can remove a Nest Protect from your Nest Account with the Nest app or on the Web. Here’s how.
To remove a Nest Protect from your Nest Account, start by logging into the Nest app. Then follow these steps:
1. Select Nest Protect from the home screen.
2. Click or tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner (it’s shaped like a gear).
3. Select the Nest Protect that you’d like to remove from your account.
4. Click or tap Remove Nest Protect.
5. Click or tap Remove to confirm your choice.
Once removed from your Nest Account, your Nest Protect will still work, sounding an alarm if it detects smoke or carbon monoxide. It will also still retain your Wi-Fi settings and the interconnection with other Nest Protect alarms in the home.
However, removing a Nest Protect from your account will limit your access to some of the features:
You’ll no longer be able to view the last reported status of the Nest Protect in the Nest apps.
You won’t be able to adjust the settings to enable or disable features (like Pathlight).
You’ll no longer receive notifications from the Nest Protect on your smartphone or tablet or in your Nest Account.
Each Nest Protect can be associated with one Nest Account at a time. If you want to move a Nest Protect to a new account, first remove it from the old account. And then follow the steps in the article below to connect them to the new account.