Remove name from StdRegistry.com
StdRegistry.com and StdRegistry.org is one of the more brutally disgusting sites we have encountered here at Remove.org. It appears this site lets people report people that have an STD.
There is no fact checking or actual medical information exchanged to allow the post to go live on the site, this is the information age folks..lookout! In order to get a removal from this website it appears you must engage in arbitration which means you have to hire an arbitrator to challenge the post and if it is deemed malicious or unsubstantiated you will get it removed.
They do have a removal policy it appears and it does involve payment by way of hiring an arbitrator or attorney. You can read more here:
A valid 3rd-party arbitration service provides a neutral service to determine the validity of internet postings. STDRegistry.com is not affiliated with any arbitration services, its owners or subsidiaries.
For more information please visit the sites below:
We do not remove reports, comments, posts and/or topics if you ask us directly. These will not be removed even if the statements are claimed to contain defamatory allegations. Only the submitter or an arbitration service can remove a post here.
Here is our reasoning behind this policy:
- Censorship is too common in many countries as it is. We will not promote censorship on the internet.
- People have a right to research an individual before interacting with them. By removing a report, comment, post and/or topic, we are hindering that right of the individual that is researching an individual.
- If an individual rectifies a report, comment, post and/or topic, then let it be shown in the report, comment, post and/or topic. By removing it, we only “hide” possible patterns made by the individual and potentially allow more damage to be done. Our purpose is to prevent people from being taken advantage of by individuals whom constantly make unethical decisions. .
- If we remove reports, comments, posts and/or topics, then individuals will be aware that if they apply the right amount of pressure to the individuals whom have provided our users with this information they may have a chance at getting the report, comment, post and/or topic removed. This is not an ethical way of solving the problem.
- By not allowing the removal reports, comments, posts and/or topics we take away the leverage that a reported individual has against threats towards a person who posts. You cannot threaten someone to do something that they do not have the ability to achieve.